View Single Post
Old
01-19-2013, 11:30 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by fantasybaseballchamp View Post
If it's just a question of what's better for his development, it's an interesting debate.

Let's say its 12-13 minutes a night on the 3rd line of a bad team for 40 games vs big minutes for 20 games in Sarnia.

I'm pretty conflicted on what would be better, I'd lean Montreal but I suppose it depends either how much you value the financial/contractual impact or whether or not you think he's capable of being a top 9 player in the NHL right now and developing on the job.
He could play 70 minutes per game in Sarnia, it won't help 'cause he is way better than most of them. Most of his plays will die down in Sarnia 'cause he will have to be at his teamates's rhythm instead at an NHL one. Going back there will not help. But if it's to play him in the wings in the NHL, might as well do it. 'Cause that won't help either. He is a centerman. Must and should be used like that. For his development, he should be centering a 4th line even if his wingers are grinders. 'Cause a grinding 4th NHL'ers is 10 times better than a pair of 2nd OHL Sarnians wingers. And he'll end up playing his position. A position he will be great at for the next 15 years to come.