Old
01-19-2013, 10:50 PM
Fugu
Administrator
HFBoards

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nik jr View Post
F's sucked ass, too, but taking only 14 shots is partly the d-men's fault. they could barely get out of the defensive zone, and looked confused generally. plus teams generally lose morale and play worse when they're losing 4-0.

No, I'm not going to give the forwards a pass for a lack of any effort, creativity or anything. There were two guys who looked like they even knew there was a game-- Dats and Brunner at various points.

I mean, you had 4 forwards on the PP units. You gonna blame that on the defense too?

At the end of the day, you can blame the poor defense on the forwards for lack of defensive play and helping the D. Or you can blame the D, as you did, for the lack of offense.

The real answer may be that they have to find a new system or style that may work for a Wings team w/o Lidstrom, Stuart, Rafalski, and a prime Z, Dats et al. I also think we have a rather disjointed set of personnel that's not really suited to the puck possession style of play, nor something that Babs might prefer. It's like the purgatory in between heaven and hell.