View Single Post
Old
01-19-2013, 10:55 PM
chet1926

vCash: 500
Not going to freak out about this one. Didn't think there was much chance of us winning this one, home opener against a team that doesn't lose at home in openers, who just brought in the two best free agents on hockey day in Minnesota. The Wild weren't going to lose this one no matter what we did. And even with all that we had our chances 2 posts on wide open nets would have made a world of difference.

Varly played solid, which is tough to say considering he gave up 4, but none were really his fault.

Highlander awesome game.

Mitchell was pretty solid, nice to see him get a goal.

PAP/Landy/Duchene were all terrible as was Staz/Jones/McGinn, not the way I was hoping our top 2 lines would start.

Downie in my opinion cost us the game. Two miserable penalties on the same play that led to a PP goal and not finishing on a wide open net. That can't happen in a short season.

Defense as a whole was not bad, but not great. Kind of what I expected just mediocre, nothing terrible nothing great.

Got to be better on Tuesday, its going to be another tough one. Kings are going to be pissed with the way they played today. Its time for the Avs to man up.