View Single Post
Old
01-19-2013, 11:01 PM
Bender
TheHockeyProspector

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by iAvs View Post
Everytime I see EJ on the PP, I want him to turn into Rob Blake and start firing bombs from the blueline. Why won't this come true?
Because EJ has historically had problems getting his shot through to the net. Blues fans warned us about this when we first acquired him. Unfortunately, we don't appear to have adequate coaching that would allow him to break through and start firing bombs anyways, even if you need to aim for some balls at first until people learn to get out of the way. It's about either making a quick fake and then getting the shot off or aiming at the side of the net to get a good bounce or faking a shot and making a pass. Lots of options but we're not seeing it. I personally believe that they've asked him to shore up his defensive game first before he starts focusing on his offense. I like the way he's been rushing the puck up the ice though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs_19 View Post
I understand that he's only 21 but three giveaways at center ice that lead to scoring opportunities can't be defended. We can blame some of the missed defensive assignments on his age and inexperience but there's no excuse for just giving the puck away like that.
I've been a big proponent of leaving our young guys in the AHL to continue to develop their game. Especially Barrie and Elliott, they both need to work on their defensive games...I mentioned a few weeks back that from watching them in the AHL, they are still too 'green' for the NHL, in my opinion.