Old
01-19-2013, 11:03 PM
sa cyred
Offseason...

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyOnTheSpot View Post
My thoughts on the game:

-First goal was understandable, don't completely blame Bryz but he needs to be bigger in net.
-Second goal all Bryz.
-Grossmann couldn't handle a puck to save his life and really should not be used offensively at all. Looked to me as the rustiest player out there.
-Giroux has transcended and is playing just out of his mind, looks like he can will the puck wherever he wants. He just looks like he's playing 3 steps ahead of everyone else, just couldn't get help finishing.
-Simmonds, just because you wear 17 doesn't mean you need to miss wide open nets.
-PP2 is poop.
-First period was some of the worst hockey I've ever seen, but the second two really encouraged me.
-Bryz was solid. Needs to not let in one crappy goal a game.
-Defense was decent, cleared the porch typically well from what I recall.
-Oh, Wellwood is Mendoza from Mighty Ducks 2. Homie is just fast, cannot do anything after that.

What's the general consensus on here?
Haha I guess it is in the eye of the beholder. First goal dont blame Bryz at all. 2nd I do. I thought our defense and team defense was very very good after the first. Honestly I thought it was better then 90% of the games last season. Grossmann I definitely disagree with. Thought he was out best defender followed by L. Schenn. I actually didnt think Giroux had his best game. Not bad but i would say average to slightly above. Simmonds i agree with as i do with Wellwood. Need more from Couts and B.Schenn.

Just my opinion though

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote