View Single Post
Old
01-20-2013, 12:17 AM
islesfan3991

vCash: 121
Just got back from the game. Just a couple notes:

The Devils absolutely shut down JT. Every time he touched the puck New Jersey was right there.
I was hoping Okposo would show up but he looked horrible. Didn't play physical and looked very slow.
Nabby kept them in the game. Made a couple nice saves early and looked sharp throughout.
Aucoin and Boyes looked alright. I think Aucoin could be a good player for the Isles if he's given more chances.
Didn't really notice Moulson that much (probably because the Devils shut down JT).
Hamonic and Martin really show a lot of hustle. I love the way they play the game.
I was watching Finley closely all game because, with his size, he should be able to play some sort of defense. Well, he didn't. Looked more like a pylon out there.

Overall I don't think we played that bad. It was a very sloppy game for both teams. If we can build some chemistry with some of the new guys I think we could be a strong team. There's was a lot of bad passes tonight and bad communication. The defense also needs to improve because Nabby can't be the only form of defense for us. I'd like to see Martinek and Hickey play next game to see what they can do.

islesfan3991 is offline   Reply With Quote