View Single Post
Old
01-19-2013, 11:56 PM
JohnnyOnTheSpot
I Believe in G-Sus

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Haha I guess it is in the eye of the beholder. First goal dont blame Bryz at all. 2nd I do. I thought our defense and team defense was very very good after the first. Honestly I thought it was better then 90% of the games last season. Grossmann I definitely disagree with. Thought he was out best defender followed by L. Schenn. I actually didnt think Giroux had his best game. Not bad but i would say average to slightly above. Simmonds i agree with as i do with Wellwood. Need more from Couts and B.Schenn.

Just my opinion though
I don't think we disagree much at all. It's hard to blame Bryz for the 1st one and I don't, 2nd I do. Defense was fine, I agree. Grossmann was fine defending, but he lost control of the puck more times than I can count. That's my only gripe with him. I think Giroux was just absurd so we may disagree there, and I agree about Couts and BSchenn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan8828 View Post
Other than his puck handling, I thought Grossmann was one of our better defensemen today.

I'm very happy with the way Bryz played today. I don't think the second goal was really that bad. He probably shouldn't have let it in, but we've seen him let in a lot worse so I guess it's an improvement.

The whole PP is poop.

Overall, after the first period, the Flyers dominated the Pens. They deserved to win that game but Fleury just stood on his head. It happens. I think things will improve as the season progresses.
I agree with Grossmann and Bryz essentially. I thought the first PP was great after their 1st PP, which was horrendous. And I agree they dominated them and expect good things from them.

My gripes don't mean the Flyers stink, just picking out things I think they can/need to improve on.

JohnnyOnTheSpot is offline   Reply With Quote