View Single Post
Old
01-20-2013, 01:15 AM
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsholygrail View Post
Define improved. Penner is supposed to be a top six winger. He hasn't played like one, at all, ever while with the Kings. Did he step it up in the post season? Yes and we all love him for that. But the fact is, his job is to score goals. He's not scoring them. None of the top six scored today. Our 4th line was the offensive powerhouse of the afternoon. That's not good enough.

Feel free to hang it all around Gagne's neck, but you're doing so with no rational basis.

Are you implying that Gagne made an impact on our finals...
I believe that was what you were implying considering you proposed that the team played better without him. I don't think he hurt the team by being on the ice and none of his teammates or the coach seemed to have an issue with it.

Are you questioning Sutter's decision to let him play?

They're gonna likely move Gagne down and get back to the lines from the playoffs. Brown back to the left side where he plays a lot better from, carter back on wing, etc. I don't think Gagne should be top line. I think he's a better threat lower down. It's like when we had Stoll as our second center and he improved greatly when he got bumped to third.

There's just no doubt being without Kopitar screws everything up.[/QUOTE]

I'm not questioning his decision but you claim that he was useful. Penner was great in the play offs, Gagne wasn't, Penner improved around the ending of the season, Penner had a good first game. Gagne played like crap almost all his time as a king and today I think I wasn't the only one who expected Gagne to have a great first game after his comment about his health in the off season but it just seems to me his health or not he's not good anymore. Penner actually got better and it carried through the off season

KingKopitar11* is offline   Reply With Quote