View Single Post
Old
01-20-2013, 12:20 AM
Flat Stanley

vCash: 500
I don't understand. Orpik and Martin had a solid game today, but one or two iffy plays and Orpik needs to go?

He was out of position on Giroux's goal, I agree. But Kunitz didn't really help, and I don't buy that whole not thinking defensively, he's a two way forward, when you're going to your own zone, you should always be prepared to defend. I don't care what position.

And not that I have a problem with this, but isn't Giroux, Crosby's responsibility to defend also? He was nowhere in the picture when that goal was scored.

That power play pass to Simmonds? Come on, you don't trade a player because he allowed the pass, while you can blame it on Orpik, how many defensemen have made that exact play or even played worse? Nobody's perfect. In hockey, players make mistakes.

It truly doesn't make sense to trade a top 4 defenseman in favor of a rookie who has minimal NHL experience.

it's not like Orpik makes bad decisions all game every game, if he did that, then yes you don't keep him, but he's one of our better defensemen.

Flat Stanley is offline   Reply With Quote