Thread: Post-Game Talk: Leafs @ Habs | Leafs win 2-1!
View Single Post
Old
01-20-2013, 01:24 AM
Standardly

vCash: 500
Kadri doesn't look like a top 6 forward!!!!! He looks like a first-liner.

I don't know where everyone is getting the "top 6 forward" thing from. He played a little over 9 minutes. Scored a goal, inches away from another where they went upstairs. Drew in 3 hab players after an offensive face-off then dished to right-point man who ended up getting a decent shot off. He drew the first penalty of the game by skating up behind the hab player, and stripped the puck. Hab player had no other choice but to hook Naz.

He was very good. I know people will say "it was one game" etc. But a regular player having a good game, doesn't have that vision to dish the puck to a unexpected player while pulling in a few opposition players. A regular guy doesn't show the patience/head fake like he did on his goal. A regular guy doesn't do what he did in 9 minutes of play. He needs more ice-time. It's his time.

#53. Khatka or whatever his name is, was fantastic. People saying he's slow?!?!?! He's just patient with the puck. Duncan Keith does the same kind of thing. He did not look out of place at all. He was great. It's his smarts and his poise. Nothing about game shape. He knows the game. I'm in awe at that guy's game. Can't recall the last time we had a dman that looked like that. No dman on leaf team (maybe gardiner), last year had a game like he had tonight.

Other good players: Franson, Kessel

Grabo's line looked terrible. JVR didn't do much either.

Standardly is offline   Reply With Quote