View Single Post
Old
01-20-2013, 01:53 AM
sully1410
#EggosForEleven

vCash: 127
Well, its interesting that you ask that.

I think most of us have been pretty impressed with Chevy. I really liked the Poni and the Joki signing personally. It gave us the opportunity to run three good lines, and the newly formed USSR line was by far our best line tonight. they played a great possession game and were really good defensively.

Last season, our second line centre was Burmistrov, and its pretty clear that hes better suited to the third line...where he really excelled tonight. Jokinen really gave us the opportunity to get some more veteran leadership from a legit top six forward and a player that has had a few 90pt seasons under his belt.

in terms on how the team was built, I have no real complaints. I agree with the sentiment that some of these players are going to retire here, I imagine that Enstrom, Ladd and Buff just off the top of my head. I can also see Jokinen playing out his remaining years here as well.

As for the coach...I don't know. He makes some questionable calls IMO, but Holden would be better to answer that one for you lol. I know my feeling is that with a more complete line up we should be able to get into the playoffs and if we can't then we should look to a new HC to get it done.

All of those players that you have been dumbfounded by have taken huge strides forward since becoming Jets. Bogo got 30pts last season on the second pairing, burmi has turned into an excellent defensive forward and Kane hit 30g last season. I would like to see Kane become a more complete offensive player, but we'll get there. Wheeler was our best forward last year, and Little is one the most underrated two way forwards in the league. He was a beast on the PK tonight.

I'm not really certain that a rebuild is the right word. Jokinen and Poni have been brought in as basically stop gaps until the younger guys can preform. This team has been rebuilding for the last few years and really hasn't done the right things to actually compete. Once again, holden can give the run down. But basically it centers around obtaining that young core of players that will hopefully take you to the next level, and our core of young players is almost over. Unless Bogo, Burmi, Kane, Scheifele and Trouba can be the real difference makers that they are supposed to be.

The rebuild is over, and most of us want this team to finally start competing. If it can't...then Chevy needs to start making the moves to build a winner.

sully1410 is offline   Reply With Quote