View Single Post
Old
01-20-2013, 01:00 AM
Alistar

vCash: 500
^^^ no reason to put Lehtonen in again. Nihlstorp is a solid and reliable goaltender, and Kari's got to be feeling it after the workout the Coyotes gave him tonight.

One thing I noticed looking at the boxscore from the Wild game is that they used their top players much more heavily than the Stars did. I don't know if fatigue will come into play this early but Ryan Suter played 27 minutes and their big name guys up front (Heatley, Parise, Koivu) were all at 23 minutes. Contrast that with the Stars - our first line played 16-17 minutes and no defenceman played less than 16 - and Larsen would have had more ice time if not for that double minor he served.

Overall I really liked how the Stars used their lines in this one, and I think if they can get their 3rd and 4th lines out there against Minnesota's they'll eat them alive. It'll be up to the 1st and 2nd lines to hold that powerful Minnesota top 6 forward group.

Also stay out of the damn box. Minnesota probably doesn't win that game against Colorado without their PP coming through big.

Alistar is offline   Reply With Quote