View Single Post
Old
01-20-2013, 01:01 AM
MattM92

vCash: 500
Just a few things I personally took from today's game:

-Lindback started off pretty shaky but settled in about halfway through. The only thing I'd say he REALLY needs to work on is his rebound control. He doesn't have to swallow everything up, but there were a few BAD rebounds that just bounced straight into the slot.

-Stamkos played an ok game overall. Picked up a couple of assists on the PP, but looked a little lost at times IMO. I think he just needs to shake off the rust.

-Conacher, Vinny and Purcell looked incredible! Conacher was flying around and getting into passing lanes really well and he even created Marty's first goal with a sweet poke. Vinny was in beast mode for sure. If this is the Vinny we get all year then we will be scary good offensively. Purcell was his normal self, flying up the wing and feathering a nice pass right into the slot for a perfect one-timer.

-Our PP looked great (besides the first one). Still need to work a bit on entering the zone and getting set up, but once we do I noticed some great cycling and passing.

-Brewer, Hedman, Salo, Carle and Aulie were very impressive and I didn't notice Bergeron do anything to make us lose. My only complaint was with...

-...Brian Lee. He looked awful tonight. Dumb passes and mediocre defense, a brutal combination. In my opinion, the only negative on the team today.

I felt that overall it was a great game between two teams who were pretty sloppy and trying to shake off the rust. Excited to see how good this team can get once we get rolling

Last edited by MattM92: 01-20-2013 at 01:02 AM. Reason: Typo
MattM92 is online now   Reply With Quote