View Single Post
Old
01-20-2013, 01:27 AM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by damacles1156 View Post
Not the whipping boy, Don't even care the Kings lost.

But someone has to come out of the top six, and the lineup when Kopitar comes back Tuesday.

That is what is being discussed.

People seem to be ok with Penner out of the tops six, And clifford or Nolan out of the lineup.

So Gagne can find his game he lost, Six years ago.
He scored 17 goals playing part of the season with a weak TBL team (2010/2011 he scored 17g and had 23a in 63g for 40pts while playing injured) before we signed him. He came injured (I was very much against our signing him) and he has yet to be healthy long enough to show us what he can do.

It wasn't six years ago, it was the season before this past one. Now I am not saying that he should be our top line LW or that he is what I would call an acceptable top 6er even just yet but, we signed him, we played him before he had surgery on his neck and now that he is at a place where he says that he feels the best that he has in years I think that we will give him every chance to prove himself.

If he can/does then we get a LW that can be dangerous and pop in 15g during this shortened season which will be acceptable for a second line LW. Not great but not terrible either.

Again, I am not saying Gagne is the player that I would have picked to be our second line LW but he is and I have faith in the mgmt group who brought us our first cup in the teams history to make the right call on when where and how often he plays.

Its one game, the guy will need at least a couple of weeks to get himself back up to speed but then so will most of the rest of our team. I like our roster and our chances at making the playoffs again this year and as we have all seen, once we get there anything can happen.

Last edited by etherialone: 01-20-2013 at 01:43 AM.
etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote