View Single Post
Old
01-20-2013, 02:31 AM
NYRSchrute217

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
So 5 players played well? That's terrible. It's too bad about Hagelin, I liked him on the first line last year. Did the clock strike midnight? Anyway, I'd prefer Kreider there anyway. Gaborik didn't get stronger two years ago. Stepan and Callahan, well that's not news but Torts still put them together.

As far as 102 games last year, well I worry that was them overachieving. They struggled to score even last year. They play a lot of close games. A few things change in those close games and we're the 6th seed or something. Might win a playoff series because Florida was meh but still if we were a 6th seed that bowed out in the 2nd round and added Nash would people think we were that great?
Well 5 players is better than 1 player. Hagelin fit in pretty well with Richards and Gaborik but there are much better fits now, and Hags speed would be a huge asset to the forecheck on the 3rd line.

You talk in a lot of what if's. Point is, we were the #1 seed in the conference for a reason. You could argue if we weren't tested so much by Ottawa and Washington would we beat the Devils because of the lack of fatigue? But the fact of the matter is we proved we can do it in the regular season even without Rick Nash. He was acquired to put us over the top in the postseason, not because we were trying to put up even more than 109 points in a normal regular season.