Thread: Value of: Keith Ballard
View Single Post
01-20-2013, 02:39 AM
original islander
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by I in the Eye View Post
To NYI: Ballard
To VAN: Visnovsky

Islanders get a long-term top 4 dman, and solve the Visnovsky problem (assuming it still exists, haven't been following)... Visnovsky walks after this year anyways as a UFA (doubt he re-signs with NYI)... and would a draft pick for the NYI really help? They'd probably be looking to convert that draft pick into a top 4 dman (I would think, as an outsider)...

Ballard is probably off the team anyways this offseason (salary cap going down)... Ballard is converted from a long term salary that will be difficult to fit, into a short term "rental"... Visnovsky is a right hand shot with the attributes the Canucks need for a (hopefully) cup run... Visnovsky is then off the books after the year (can re-sign with NYI, if both parties want it)... Visnovsky, I'm sure, would also like to stick it to LA... I imagine a pissed off Visnovsky would play pretty well against LA...

Canucks D and goalies going into the playoffs (barring injuries, knock on wood):

Hamhuis - Bieksa
Edler - Visnovsky
Garrison - Tanev

Schneider - Luongo
Can only speak for myself but as an Islander fan I would love it. At least we would have something to show for the 2nd round pick we traded for Lubo. Plus I think that Ballard would play well with increased minutes and responibilty on the Island.

original islander is offline   Reply With Quote