View Single Post
Old
01-20-2013, 05:28 AM
Bleach Clean

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by McLlwain View Post
I don't get how you play 60 minutes dump-n-chase against a team, that has (and always had) the physical edge.
We got out-muscled in the battles along the boards 9 out of 10 times.

If AV went with this game plan due to the passing still being off, fair enough. The entire team didn't play up to its strengths in terms of moving the puck.
Worst part was seeing passes not connecting because of the passer expecting the receiving player to skate faster than he actually was. So, obviously the boys haven't found their legs yet.

There was basically no flow in the Canucks' game whatsoever. I hope they shake off that rust sooner rather than later.

You can't afford a traditional Canucks-October in a 48-game-season. /captain obvious

And Selanne IS an amazing player and leader. Truly one of the great ones in every aspect of the game.

I agree, they didn't play to their strengths. I've seen some advocate locking it down, but I don't think that's wise either. You have to go to play to your strengths, and the Canucks' strength is their skill. I hope they try to break into the zone with skating/passing and they play their 2nd line more. Let's see if they do so.

And it may be obvious, but it bears repeating, they can't afford the same slow start this year.