Thread: Post-Game Talk: Rangers @ Bruins | 1/19/13
View Single Post
Old
01-20-2013, 06:55 AM
Ola

vCash: 500
Not much to complain on nor talk about really.

Look, Boston is a very good team at home and a very good with a lead (32-0-0 after leading after 2 periods). We did well against them last season, but they are not a good fit for us either (good at getting the puck up ice and strong D's).

We can beat them, but basically only if we go in there and don't give up a darn thing. Tonight:
1. We had too many players looking to make a splash/live up to their hype or whatever you call it. That results in some casualities as regards to following a game plan. IE, we gave up too much.
2. Its G1 of the year. We are not going to be perfect defensively.

If anything worries me, its lack of speed on the bottom two lines. Boston has guys like Bourque, Paille, Kelly, Peverly and co on their 3rd and 4th lines. We have 4 giants, a short goon and a 36 y/o center. Not a single guy who I would label as a "energy player", that could turn out to be a weakness for us.

Besides that, I wouldn't take away much from this game. Its G1 of the season but its already 20 January. You get dirty pts only this time of the year, and we shouldn't expect something that isn't dirty. I've seen 5 games from last night, and besides like the first period of Pittsburgh and a few other shorter stints in other games, grinding is what its about out there. Boston got a first lucky goal, and I mean, we aren't ready to come from behind against Boston team that is intact from last season. Not much more about it.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote