View Single Post
Old
01-20-2013, 07:14 AM
Jakey53

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
It was like a junior game. Big fat glaring mistakes, wild swings of momentum, and a single star player stealing the show. Haha. Really had an amateur hockey vibe.

Anyhow, I don't think we really had an amazing amount of bad mistakes. Of the half dozen we did have, four ended up past Mike Smith. Some of that is luck. You should he able to get away with a few mistakes. We didn't. Speaking of Smith, he had no incredible saves. He might be a little rusty. He didn't let in any bad goals. None. However, generally he can save our hides once or twice per game, and bail somebody out. That didn't happen tonight.

One less mistake, one big save, and we win. Overall, we were the more effective team and we looked sharp 95% of that game. Late in the 2nd period, it really looked like we were about to run away with it. Dallas had just blown their lead, looked fatigued, and about ready to quit. Instead, the get a goal and everything changed.
Yandle and Sullivan had bad games.

Klesla was invisible in a good way. Vermette in a bad way.

I saw positives in basically every single other Coyote. Really liked Doan, Boedker, Vrbata, Hanzal, Korpikoski, Lombardi, Moss, Chipchura, Gordon, OEL, Z, Morris, and Rundblad.

Smith had some rust. They'll get sharper. Good signs in this game.

Tippett said it best in his usual succinct manner: "Both teams gave each other some gifts. We ended up giving one more. That's a tough way to lose and its uncharacteristic of our team".
I really enjoy ready your posts rt. Always well thought out and usually right. I agree with you except Klesla, as I thought he had a below average game for him. Really surprised with Rundblad, I thought he played very well. You didn't mention Yandle. I thought he was our worst defenseman, but his partner, Morris was our best.

Jakey53 is offline   Reply With Quote