View Single Post
01-20-2013, 08:47 AM
Nerf Herder
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Mr Jiggyfly View Post
He did cover for him, he just blew his coverage.

As a fwd you always backcheck to the middle when things breakdown. Hartnell was manned up and Kunitz floated to him and left CG wide open going to the post. I have no idea what he was thinking.

That's hockey 101 and Kunitz would be the first one to admit it.
to make it worse, he took that one extra step to Hartnell which made Martin take an extra step back to try to fix things, so Hartnell had even more space than he would have because of it
Originally Posted by dr robbie View Post
Martin plays good for one game - maybe we should keep him and his 1.75 extra million

Orpik plays so/so for one game - maybe we should trade him

I mean, if this was one game ago (yes, last year), this discussion would be completely different. Give him a minute to get into his groove and we could evaluate then.

Personally, I like Orpiks. He's been our solid rock for many a year now. I would love for him to retire out with the Pens, even if that means moving him down on the d list.
Orpik was arguably just as bad as Martin last year. It didn't look as embarrassing because he was still making hits on occasion and just didn't look scared like Martin did, but he was just as ineffective at stopping the other team from scoring.

Ogrezilla is offline   Reply With Quote