View Single Post
Old
01-20-2013, 09:00 AM
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kypredsfan View Post
Yeah what was with those people? Luckily it never took off.
Yeah, what was with those people trying to have fun at a sporting event? How dare they!

Everyone was sloppy on opening night everywhere in the league. A lot of the goals that happened league-wide should not have happened. We were the beneficiaries of that last night, and maybe we were victims of it as well on the Foligno goal. (What I mean by that is, one of the two knuckleheads on defense should have picked him up and not let him chop the puck down between Rinne's legs.)

The key to the game was Anisimov. We got Gaustad and Gill to deal with guys like that, and he just brushed them aside, showing off a nasty backhand in the process. I loved that guy in New York, but if he keeps doing that, I'm going to hate him in Columbus.

Rinne was no less adventurous than Vokoun was in his Predators days, and I think he'll tighten up as we get rolling. Same goes for the guys who didn't play during the lockout. We showed flashes of what we can do, particularly in the last 5-6 minutes or so of regulation, but it'll take a couple of games for us to get the engine up and running from a cold start.

If we're still playing like this by game 10, we have an issue, but I don't think 2-3 games of messy play is indicative of how this season will go.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote