View Single Post
Old
01-20-2013, 09:06 AM
BTCG

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capsman View Post
Obviously Oates has barely had time to install anything. Things certainly may get a lot better. But our old habits are clearly on display. Difficulty clearing the zone, poor puck movement (especially on the PP), terrible board play, etc.

Watching OV tonight, it is pretty obvious to me that last season was not an aberration, but rather what we can expect from him from here on. I don't know how it happened, whether lack of motivation, lack of performance enhancers, league figuring him out, or what...but I consider this season and probably next season as rebuilding years until the Kuznetsov amd Forsberg era. OV is merely a piece, a role player.
Here's the problem with that argument: Hunter resolved those issues, and did so nearly a year ago.

So, those are not habits... they're inherent traits.

Begs the question: how is it we're continuously choosing players with these same traits? Of course... we need look no further than who is in charge.

On the plus side... maybe Oates will prove to be a disciplinarian in the mold of Hunter.

Even if he does, he's still gotta apply the whip, and force the play of the grinding game.

AND... lobby for proper player change... which may not be possible with the current management.