View Single Post
Old
01-20-2013, 08:32 AM
Lafleurs Guy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus1 View Post
Losing on purpose is for losers, but if I were in this position, unless Chucky shines, send him back to the minors, hold out on Subban, and play with what we got. We may end up with quite a high draft pick under these conditions, get Subban at the price the GM wants, and give Chucky a year to get better and stronger with a taste of 5 games.

I think this could be considered tanking, even if the players do give'r!
Nobody is saying we should lose on purpose. Here's hoping the mods change the thread title soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
Only 47 games left and we havn't won 1!!!!!
Get used to it. I have a feeling this is going to be a rough year intentional or not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by damacles1156 View Post
No one losses on purpose,

The Kings simply traded away pieces that would increase chances of winning that were not part of a planed core.

I believe Chicago and Pitt did the same. All those teams stock piled draft picks; cause you are going to have some busts.
Not sure if it was planned or not but it worked. Washington's was definitely planned and other clubs have done this in the past.

Whether it's planned or not is irrelevant. It's been shown to work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorinth View Post
If we are so bad that we finish in the basement two years in a row how do we suddenly go from that to contending in 2 years? Do you really think a 20 year old Galchenyuk and a 19 year old Mackinnon/Jones are good enough to turn a bottom dweller into a contender?
Actually yes. Esp with the core we already have. If you add Mackinnon to Galchenyuk, Subban, Price + everything else, I think we'd be contenders in a few years. In fact, I don't see how we wouldn't be.
Quote:
Originally Posted by damacles1156 View Post
Take it from a Kings fan, any rebuild your ownership decides to do.

Is going to be a painful process. I say 2005 was the year the Kings really started the rebuild.

Taylor kept his picks and selected Kopitar/Quick.

Then was fired, and the rest is history. But Kings fans had to watch a lot of Bad hockey till 09-10..

I hope the Habs don't have to wait that long. You guys deserve a good team.
It's painful because we've been dragged into it kicking and screaming. Instead of trading Koivu and co. we let them walk. And then signed a bunch more mediocre FAs and gave away McD. That set us back at least five years... dumb thing to do.