View Single Post
Old
01-20-2013, 09:21 AM
The Mentalist
A Hockey Mentalist

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealisticLeaf55 View Post
When Phaneuf re-signs I doubt he will be getting 6.6mil again. I really don't have anything to back up this statement to be honest except for his reduced stats and that the salary cap is going down. Another contract that is due for a raise is gunnar's. Hope we can make a lot of room for Neuf and Kessel.
I don't like the Grabo contract, it has a negative by product effect on the rest of our roster. If Grabo is worth 5.5 per, how much is Kessel worth? How much is Lupul worth? This is my problem. Kessel is a key to this team moving fwd, under no circumstances can we lose him for nothing, so either as a player or as a trade chip if he does not have any intention being here past 13-14. We need him. The challenge of the cap is to identify a few select key core pieces and pay them accordingly and still have enough money to pay good supporting players.

If Kadri takes the jump to a top 6C role this year, we have to move out Grabo and free up money to sign the key pieces, but more importantly at a reasonable rate. Bozak is another player that we should re-sign, we have developed Bozak through at times painful years, and just when he is at the cusp of finally becoming a good NHL'er, to lose him would be bad for the draft or sign/develop/promote mantra that Nonis seems more comfortable with.

The Mentalist is offline   Reply With Quote