View Single Post
Old
01-20-2013, 09:33 AM
Mr Whipple
Charmin Soft

vCash: 500
The lockout really screwed over this team. As others have pointed out, basically no training camp and no pre-season when we have two new key players added in J Staal and Semin, leaving no time for any chemistry to be formed and lots of players rusty. I saw right away that the ones who played in Charlotte were the best players on the ice for the Canes. I was calling for Ellis to be put in goal knowing he'd at least been playing lights out in Charlotte, though figured it wouldn't be until after the period ended.

We basically have two options - play the Checkers on the same lines to hopefully have them keep the team competitive in the standings until the others get the rust out, or keep plugging along until things click. The latter is really the best, though it's going to be rough to watch.

Let's not forget we had some horrible games in 05-06. Atlanta comes to mind with the likes of a 9-1 loss. And they weren't anywhere as good as Florida is this year. Hopefully this team uses the loss like they did that year to light a fire under them. So I'm anxiously waiting to see how they respond Tuesday. If I don't see any improvement against Tampa then I'll start to be worried.

Mr Whipple is offline   Reply With Quote