Thread: Confirmed with Link: Lupul extended - 5 years x 5.25m
View Single Post
01-20-2013, 09:40 AM
The Winter Soldier
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Erdinger View Post
Grabo is really going to have to step it up and earn that money because as others have said unfortunately it is a benchmark for other Leafs forwards. Hopefully last night wasn't indicative of what we are going to be getting for 5.5 per from him.
Quite frankly I think I would rather lose Lupul and try to sign Crowe in the summer. More imperative that we re-sign Bozak, here's a 27 year old guy that wanted to be a Leaf, we spent a lot of time and resources developing him into a good NHL'er and just when he is at the cusp of being a very good NHL'er if he is let go to another team to reap the rewards of our developing him, this would be a backward move for the organization. Again an agent will look at Grabo's contract and ask how much is Bozie worth, he only had 4 less points than Grabo last year in 1 less game. He's only 27 with the best years of his career to come. I don't want to make this about Grabo because it wasn't him that gave him a overpaid contract, it was Burke. We should have traded him last year for a first rd pick and had faith Kadri or Colborne would have stepped up this year. Watching Kadri with the Marlies and last night, I think most feel comfortable Naz has arrived. Bozak as like last year with his last 10 games has turned into a very good centre. So what are we going to do with Grabo? I made these points this summer, and perhaps I come off too strong, thus the anti Grabo spin my detractors accuse me of, but if last night or the last 10 games last year was any indication, Grabo is becoming an albatross to this Organization, at 2.9M we could accept this play, not at 5.5M.

The Winter Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote