View Single Post
Old
01-20-2013, 09:47 AM
Bleach Clean

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund View Post
If @strombone1 is actually Lou, it seems as though Lou has a pretty good sense of humour. I can only imagine he is finding this whole thing rather amusing as well.

I have no idea what Vancouver chooses to do tonight. Playing Luongo just makes more sense. Give Schneider some time to pull himself back together. If they played Schneider and he craps the bed again, then you have a bit of a problem.

FWIW, I am drawing no conclusions on one game, but I do find this incredibly amusing. What is great about it, is how adamant some posters were that nothing could go wrong for them, and that playing the season would just strengthen their positions. I like a good debate, and I hope that nobody goes off the rails and gets banned here. We are all passionate about hockey and our teams. That isn't to say that I won't continue to laugh (and post about it), if this first game is a trend.

Adamant nothing could go wrong for them? As in not lose any games during a season?

Playing the season does strengthen their position. If you have only one team with a great need before the start of the season, as the season wears on, the odds of other teams showing a more acute need increases. I'm not sure how this game changes that...

It's cool that you find it amusing though.