View Single Post
Old
01-20-2013, 10:43 AM
livewell68

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jagrgodr View Post
Woah woah don't talk about him coaching, that won't be until sometime in 2020's. I see Jagr playing in the NHL until he is around 43ish and then playing in the czech league with Kladno for another 2-4 years before he retires at around 50, then maybe he will coach!

I was kind of hoping to see Jagr at the end, but it was a very smart move to just play conservatively and try to secure the win and not try to get greedy.

I also loved how he was used, with very limited ice time and they saved him for the power play. I know in the 2nd period they barely had time to use him because of the PK'ing but he was well rested for the PP and spent the entire time out there, registering 1:40 of ice time before scoring the goal. So that was just awesome to see hang out on the power play for almost 2 solid minutes and secure the goal. He was doing that in the Czech league, and that is what i wanted to see most once he became a Star. Jagr still has it offensively so if you give him the time on the PP he will produce.
He won't only score on the PP, the man was drawing double teams at every 5-on-5 situation. Barring any injuries, he's going to be a beast.

livewell68 is offline   Reply With Quote