Old
01-20-2013, 11:10 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deputy Dawg View Post
Hello All. Long time lurker...

I thought we looked really good in this game in the offensive zone. Not so much in the defensive zone, but I don't see that being a problem moving forward.

I agree with most that Derek Morris looked great. I have been a Morris hater in the past, but he was clearly our best D-man last night. Tyson Nash said something about him losing some weight in the offseason, so maybe that's the difference.

Rundblad really impressed me. One of you mentioned that he looked small out there, but I disagree a little bit. I'm reminded of a play in front of the Dallas net. There were two guys trying to go after Runblad after the whistle and he stood his ground - even had a smile on his face.

I thought Boedker looked pretty damn good, but it occurs to me that maybe Doan and Vermette are not the best linemates for him - I'm not sure they can keep up. I think a Korpikoski - Lombardi - Boedker line might do some serious damage offensively.

Speaking of Korpikoski, I thought he looked great in the offensive zone - very aggressive. Hopefully he will continue that moving forward.

Lombardi looked fast out there and won some battles. His play will improve with some more time with his (new) teammates.

Finally, Vrbata looked great out there. It's good to see him put up some big points without Whitney. Hopefully he can keep it up all season.
Welcome aboard!