View Single Post
Old
01-20-2013, 12:16 PM
habsfanatics

vCash: 500
My problem isn't really with DD, my problem is I'm afraid that the good totals from last year are going to encourage MT to miscast DD. Context, context, context. I even heard the Hot Stove refer to DD as the number center and they even added "quite easily". When you look at point totals without knowing the context these are the type of conclusions people will come up with.

Having said that, DD can still be a valuable piece, but a top 6 center he is not. DD would be best served in a 3rd line exploitation role, facing other teams top lines is going to expose DD for what he is and be detrimental to the team as a whole. You would think that these hockey analysts/experts and coaches would have a better grasp of the game they follow day in and day out, but with the words spoken last night it is clear as day that they don't.

Those saying Eller will never be a top center are also fooled by the numbers. He is already more capable of playing a top 6 role against others teams top line than DD. There is no doubt that Eller will pass DD on the depth charts.