View Single Post
Old
01-20-2013, 11:18 AM
KIRK

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. T View Post
Calgary's management thinks they can win with this lineup. I'm not sure why, though.

If they stink and decide to do a rebuild (and Iginla asks to be moved) we'd be ideal trading partners. Outside of Wotherspoon, Calgary has nothing in the way of quality defense prospects.

Still a pipe dream at this point, but I'd probably crap my pants if we acquired him.
Of course. I don't think anyone here, even the biggest proponents of trying to get Iginla, think it's anything but the most remote possibility.

And, in the end, for it to be more, what matters is whether Iginla thinks they can win a cup in the next few years, not Calgary's management. If he decides that the unequivocal answer is 'no', then I think it's 50-50 whether he tells Feaster that he'd be open to being traded (which is how the ball gets rolling).

IF that happens-- and, Jags, everyone knows that's a big IF-- then the Pens are an ideal partner in terms of how the assets match up (as noted before, Calgary was the other team at the draft that loved Pouliot as much as Shero did, so I'm sure he will be the big target).