View Single Post
01-20-2013, 11:24 AM
Spot Picker
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Ron View Post
I get it, its a business, and I don't care what they put on the playoff towels.

But it seems somewhat sacrilegious to do it on the banner.

Remember, they are doing all these giveaways to appease and win back the fans whose spirit they robbed during the lockout. To turn that "claim" around and then advertise on the giveaways seems kind of hypocritical to me.

Now I am wondering if I am going to see a McDonalds logo on the puck they are giving away on the first legends night.

It's not the real banner for Christ's sake and it cost you, me and everyone else NOTHING. Still, you have people on here who are dying to have one, logo and all, but apparently the Kings have slighted all of us once again.

Perhaps they should have hand-knitted the banners and had the entire team autograph the back of each one?

As for the way they handled it, you can not leave them on the backs of the seats or else you would have one guy on Ebay today selling 20 of these at $30 a pop. I thought it was handled well, especially considering that some giveaways are a "pick it up on the way out" which can take quite a long time due to lines...I'm sure the puck nights this year will be that way so nobody throws them on the ice.

BigKing is offline   Reply With Quote