View Single Post
Old
01-20-2013, 11:26 AM
iAvs
JUST WIN

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundwaveIsCharisma View Post
Personally, having watched the Avs for so many years, and especially this recent edition of the team. I think the Avs need to get a top-2 defender way more than they need O'Reilly back. The team has never really had an issue drafting or developing talented forwards, they have however had a near impossible time developing or drafting a defender capable of playing in the NHL at all.

I feel like this in an oppurtunity to get one of those types of players, with an asset that either no longer wants to play with the Avalanche, or has simply priced himself out of the Avs' plans. Either way, he is a high value player that could be turned into something that this team desperately requires.
I'm starting to think that's where we may be at. RoR probably wants to play where he's a top center. He's not guaranteed that with the Avs & knows it. Otherwise, I bet he would have signed a deal by now. So, the next step may very well be a trade where the Avs try and get something they desperately need; a top 2 defenseman.

As each day passes, the more likely this ends in the Avs trading O'Reilly.