Old
01-20-2013, 11:31 AM
WeThreeKings
Sept 19th

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by capebretoncanadien View Post
Why does this necessarily mean he's screwing with his confidence? I think 12-13 minutes or whatever he got was plenty with a good dose of PP time.

Lots of learning material there he can go over with the coaches in his FIRST ever NHL game.

I thought he looked alright...had a couple dangerous shots...saw him fish the puck out a couple times. Not scared of contact. Skated well. I'm kind of neutral on his performance.

The whole team looked ridiculously slow and out of sync.

I'm with the camp of keeping him up for the season. Put him on the third line with Eller at centre give em about the same icetime as tonight with some spot PP duty.

I think 'ruining' prospects as a concept is overstated. Either they're good enough or they're not. As long as he's big enough a man to take and give a hit and keep up with the play why would you not have him up here with NHL calibre coaching,training, systems etc. etc. etc.

He certainly wasn't a liability out there so why not. Let's get em used to the show.
It wasn't like the lines were re-shuffled.. he was singled out and was the only person removed from the top two lines. I don't care how well adjusted you are there are some subconscious processes that go on with moves like this that allow the individual to think that they are the problem which is why they were singled out and removed.