View Single Post
Old
01-20-2013, 11:48 AM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Insta View Post
You must have not actually heard what Krueger said. He says he wanted to be lighter on coaching because there wasn't enough time to properly teach everything. If the players have a million different new things to think about without the proper practice, they will be overwhelmed and not play with the quickness and pace he wants. It is going to be a more gradual process this season.
I was referring not only to what got referenced yesterday but some of the comments Kreuger has been making all week. He's been very clear and consistent in stating he's interested in toning down the coaching and has clearly stated that the team was over coached.

I actually find your explanation more helpful than some of what was stated. Looks like I took it too literally.

Anyway MacT had a club playing an entirely different strategy, an NZ, in 06, in mere days or weeks and unwrapped the present for the Detroit Red Wings in the playoffs. The rest was history as the club steamrolled an excellent counter system all the way to game 7 of the SC.

Its not at all impossible having a team playing and learning a good working system in a shorter period of time. This is preparation for playing hockey, not NASA space missions.

Replacement is offline   Reply With Quote