Old
01-20-2013, 11:48 AM
Kyle McMahon

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Phil View Post
Gretzky - no argument there even with just the 4 Cups
Messier - a solid #2
Kurri - Am I the only guy so far giving Kurri the solid #3 spot here? No offense to my boy Coffey, but was Coffey more important in 3 Cups than Kurri in 5? Not to me. Kurri was a constant threat.
Coffey - Give him the #4 spot
Anderson - Great in all 5 Cups with Edmonton, sometimes Anderson tends to get underrated here on just how clutch the man was
Fuhr - even though Ranford was the starter for the 5th Cup you have to give Fuhr a clear #6 here.

After that it gets a little tricky. Lowe, Tikannen, Gregg and Huddy were important. Ranford only won two, but you have to wonder just how big his 1990 performance was in this context. Moog was there for three but was playing for the 1984 clincher and was sprinkled the odd time in the postseason.
Agree on Kurri for the same reasons. Two extra Cup runs in which he was instrumental easily make up the gap between them in the first three, which was not very large to be honest. Kurri led the team in goals in all three of the Cups he won with Coffey, tying the record for most goals in one playoff year in 1985.

Kyle McMahon is offline   Reply With Quote