View Single Post
Old
01-20-2013, 12:05 PM
Prot

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conflicted Habs fan View Post
Unfortunately other teams in the NHL can scrutinize yesterdays video and use that as a model on how they too can beat the Jets, easily.
Claude now has the task to create a different game plan
Honestly it's no great mystery. As I suggest in my other post, all you do is play the trap on the Jets. Wait for failure in Jets' zone in the form of turnovers, or poor break outs.... it WILL happen.

Any team that plays the trap, Noel fails to react accordingly. The Jets will try to stick handle through the middle or force passes that simply don't exist.

Oddly enough I think they have the youth and legs to beat the trap, they just don't adapt. Every team we faced last year that employed any form of trap was a handful for the Jets.

Ottawa knew this coming in. I said it before Paul Maclean adjusted his defense accordingly, and played a boring, bogged down, grindy playstyle in a hostile environment where both teams would inevitably be sloppy and rusty. Kudos to him.

Now my question is, when do we start realizing this all of this and adjusting for it?

I personally refuse to blame players individually at this point. In 5 games our perspective of individuals may flip greatly. Unfortunately 5 games is a respectable chunk of the 2013 season!