View Single Post
Old
01-20-2013, 12:38 PM
Roulin

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
There's a lot of 'ifs' there though. I think we can count on Price and Subban and to a lesser extent Max being worth building around. Galchenyuk also looks like a winner.

The question is though... is that enough? I like the D coming up but our forward pool looks pretty weak. After Galchenyuk it doesn't look all that exciting right now.
You're right, that is a lot of "ifs". I guess my confidence comes from the idea that Timmins will keep cranking out a whole bunch of "ifs" (I mean that in a good way), more than most head scouts, some of them will become core players, and the Habs will have the ability to retain that core, barring another huge mistake.

I actually have the opposite view of the upcoming classes of F and D - I'm more confident in the forwards. I'll be pleasantly surprised if any of our prospects become top 3 defencemen. Among the forwards, I think Gallagher has a good chance of becoming a positive tough minutes player. Hudon is very exciting if he can stay out of the trainer's office.

Roulin is offline   Reply With Quote