View Single Post
Old
01-20-2013, 12:48 PM
  #240
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis
 
Blind Gardien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Four Winds Bar
Country: France
Posts: 20,504
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
It's going way too far right now. They don't talk to each other. Each side is actually waiting that the other one moves. That's not good faith. In the end, what could happen, is that if Bergevin never moves, PK will accept his 2-year contract. And might actually ask for another 2-year once all is said and done to be UFA.
If I was Bergevin, I would definitely not move. I mean, they've had months and months to determine what they think Subban's value is. If I think he's worth a $2.5M bridge deal, for whatever reason, then that's the deal I'm offering. And there's no amount of PK not playing or the Habs losing games that can ever change that. About the only thing that could ever change it is an RFA offer sheet. Meehan can negotiate all day, Subban can sit all season, and my position is my position. That's my strength as the General Manager on display.

That said, of course I personally think Subban is worth waaaay more than Bergevin apparently does.

I don't see anything to be gained by waiting from the players' pov. PK should reset to a 1-year deal, get on the ice, and file for arbitration in the summer. It's still going to be money and a chance to get a more fair hearing of his value.

Blind Gardien is offline