View Single Post
Old
01-20-2013, 12:59 PM
habsfanatics*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
And the Ottawa Senators never won anything... we get it, there are no guarantees. That doesn't mean rebuilding doesn't work. It does. Nick Backstrom was 5th in the scoring race before getting hurt. Maybe he's damaged goods and maybe Washington won't go anywhere. But they assembled a great team and that's all you can ask for.

Look at Atlanta... drafted high got three potential superstars. One was perpetually hurt, the other winds up killing a teammate in a car crash... Sometimes things don't work out man. But the rebuild portion was the right path, just didn't work out.

Again, cup winners are usually rebuilds. It's been that way for a long time. Doesn't mean that rebuilding is going to win you a cup. It's just a more proven path than doing it the way we've done it in the past.

You may get your wish. Whether it's intentional or not we could finish at the bottom again this season. Our forwards are underwhelming to say the least. If Erik Cole doesn't repeat his career year it will be a long season.
It's funny how you keep parroting the same crap. I am all for rebuilding btw. Our team isn't very good. The idea that it can be done in a year or two is foolish. I'm all for trading expiring contracts for picks ect and moving guys who aren't in the long term plans of the team, however, there needs to be a balance, a balance that is completely missing from this thread.

I generally agree with the idea of re-building, but DAChampion is being completely disingenuous suggesting this can be done in one year. It can't be, no chance in hell and you seemingly agreeing with him means you share the same misplaced view. It cannot be done.