View Single Post
Old
01-20-2013, 12:59 PM
Lafleurs Guy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnostic View Post
Can't see a firm direction or destiny for this team at least nothing inevitable. People are mistaking a few good players on the roster for having a solid core that just needs tweaking. There are big problems at forward with no obvious solutions in house, so it tells me there is nothing positive foreseeable.

I think fans need to settle in for a long haul. I find it very interesting that there are fans denying that a rebuild is needed when in fact the team has just immersed itself in one. Denials have to stop.

We can't assume that every drafted player is a prospect and that every prospect is going to max out at star potential. The team has a long evaluation process, and to get to respectability it will involve drafting developing and retaining players we don't even know about yet.
I think you might be right. Coming into this season I was thinking we've got a good core going forward and when I watched the game last night I was reminded of how difficult it's been for us to score goals over the years.

I feel okay with our D but the forwards... man we need help there. Assuming our number one line from last season can repeat (a big IF) there doesn't seem to be much behind them. Pleks is now a 50 point two way guy and that's about it. Gionta I don't have a whole lot of faith in and I'm pretty sure Galchenyuk is being sent down.

I think scoring is going to continue to be a problem. We'd better hope that Markov & PK (if he ever signs) can get the PP going. We're going to need a good PP if we want to have a decent year.

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote