View Single Post
Old
01-20-2013, 02:02 PM
livewell68

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jagrgodr View Post
See the problem if he gets a ton of minutes, he is going to draw some serious pressure from huge defenders and take a lot of big hits like the ones Morris delivered, and i am worried about that. You and I both know how Jagr wants to be the best and will do whatever it takes to make the play, i just hope he doesnt get injured. There are so many back to back games and games every other day i kind of hope he gets under 20 minutes a game, unless they are on the power play over 5 times. They could really roll 4 lines and use him on the 1st line PP and out there on key offensive situations, i would be all for that.

Another interesting thing, Jagr can step up his game when needed. Your #1 player in Jamie Benn not here? No problem, Jagr's got it covered!
Jagr's a big boy. Getting hit is not the problem, most of the injuries he's gotten in his career, he's played through and usually played well. Last season was an anomaly. He was heavier, hadn't been playing in the NHL in 3 seasons and was playing on a team where he wasn't the offensive focus let alone the 2nd and all this made him to struggle to get back into the lineup.

Jagr himself said after the game that he didn't feel well and thought he was only going to get better. I think he will be playing 19-21 minutes a game. Last night was a sloppy game for everyone in general and without any pre-season and short training camp, players are just getting back into game timing. Jagr's played in the Czech league most of the season and he needs 3 games or so to get back into NHL rhythm. They had pretty much 6 straight minutes of penalty kill time and Jagr was sitting in that time frame but still played 16 minutes. I expect him to play heavy minutes as he knows the importance of winning early and especially on this 7 games in 11 days to kick off the season start.

Last edited by livewell68: 01-20-2013 at 02:08 PM.
livewell68 is offline   Reply With Quote