View Single Post
Old
01-20-2013, 01:02 PM
CloneHakanPlease*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
It's one game. Detroit is still far from washed up.
It's not one game. This team has been a pseudo contender for two years now, and its only going to get worse before it gets better. The Wing's core is aging and I don't think they will be able to win anything significant with it. I'd rather not be stuck in Calgary territory of trying to still convince ourselves our team is a contender when they realistically arent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyThoughts View Post
Pavel Datsyuk will retire a Red Wing regardless of the circumstances.

THE END.
I think there is a 99% certainty that he will retire (from the NHL at least) as a Wing, but what if he approached Holland and asked for a trade. Like I said, just a hypothetical.

The general consensus on the Wings board is that he is back to Russia after his contract for the following reasons
-Him and his wife got divorced and his kids are in Russia
-He still does not speak english fluently, and while well liked, must be feeling somewhat lonely and under expressed in Detroit. He is a well liked guy in the locker room but imagine yourself in a language barrier. It has been reported multiple times he has asked Holland to try to accquire another russian, but we haven't had a player who spoke fluent Russian since Danny Markov (maybe Salei).
-Return home for more money, and it being tax free.

Last edited by CloneHakanPlease*: 01-20-2013 at 01:10 PM.
CloneHakanPlease* is offline   Reply With Quote