Thread: Confirmed Signing with Link: Lupul re-signs with Toronto 5 years (5.25 average)
View Single Post
Old
01-20-2013, 01:21 PM
7even
Go on, do your duty

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizeman View Post
I like Lupul. Liked his dad more. He played for the Canucks.

Joffery has size, speed and skill . However, there has always been something missing, whether it be his focus or work ethic. He has been traded several times and that does not happen with players who are 'keepers' . Maybe once , but how many times has Lupul been traded ? More than one or 2.

But so what? If it makes Kessel happy then great right? Well, my issue is that Kessel may or may not even want to play in Toronto . If he does. Great.

But Lupul's contract is a pretty darn hefty cap hit for a guy who can tune out at any given moment . He doesnt exactly have the career history of someone who can consistently deliver.

Im not trying to 'rain' on the Leafs parade. I guess it was better than letting him walk for nothing. But I guess the whole 'rebuilding' schtick just went FLYING out the window.

Leafs commitment apparently isnt to 'youth' signing a winger at 30 to age 35. They are trying to win now.
What? Shipping Lombardi out for a pick, waiving Connolly, bringing up the Marlies, putting Kadri into an expanded role, rolling Reimer and Scrivens as our starting goalies, and you get that we're trying to win now? Uh, okay.

7even is offline   Reply With Quote