Thread: Confirmed with Link: Lupul extended - 5 years x 5.25m
View Single Post
Old
01-20-2013, 01:38 PM
mapleleaf979

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by shakes View Post
Unfortunately, you can't make a player sign a contract for whatever arbitrary amount you choose. They normally ask for market value. Kessel is very underpaid. You can't use that as a benchmark for other players or you would never sign anyone of skill
Yes I agree over the last few years, salary benchmarks are much higher. Kessel deserves 6 or 6.5 max in my view. I still think those salaries are a touch too high in view. My reasoning is this, Grabovski is inconsistent from game to game. Some games almost invisible and others a very impact player with high end skill. Lupul for me, everything he did last year was something the LEafs needed badly. A physical skilled player who can open up room for Kessel, bang in the corners and digs out pucks for Kessel. It has not been proven over his career to be durable. Why not wait 15 games? Thats all. I still think 4 to 4.5 should have been it.

Lupul turns 30 in September. His new contract kicks in starting in OCtober 2013. He will be 34 and 35 and making that money? That may hurt u down the road.

mapleleaf979 is offline   Reply With Quote