View Single Post
Old
01-20-2013, 01:46 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
At least that #1 might not become a holdout. Besides, you wouldn't get Columbus's #1 pick in 2013 for aging veterans. The Rangers traded a parcel of talented young players for Rick Nash ( a 28-year-old former Columbus #1 who had leverage because he wasn't going to remain a Blue Jacket). Another thing: How do you know PK wouldn't split once he became eligible as a UFA? He'd still have Meehan as his agent.
Sure, he might not become a holdout. He might very well become one too, and then we're right back where we are today.
Also, speaking of the Nash trade, NYR game Dubinsky, Anisimov and a prospect, none of them are better than PK.

As for the UFA status, I don't know that. But I know that there's a bigger chance he opts for the open market if you are so stubborn that you would make him sit out simply because you want to build a reputation. Why would PK want to play for someone that can't give him fair value?
Also, you don't know whether he'll want to stay or leave, the same way you don't know if DD, Eller, Gally, etc, will test the market or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peate View Post
I seriously doubt it, he'd get 2 to 2.5 mil tops. He hasn't proven anything yet. Last year he sucked for half the season before he got off his sophomore jinx. He should just take the offer whatever that may be and go for the big money next time.
You are proving how your player evaluation is non-existent.