View Single Post
Old
01-20-2013, 01:46 PM
DAChampion

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfanatics View Post
See, I can't agree with this. Where are these improvements coming from? Sure, our youngsters will develop some and improve if things pan out, but where is the infusion of talent coming from that can take our winger depth from terrible to decent? Where is the d coming from that will replace what we already have here now? I don't see how tanking now improves us for next year. I think the argument is mostly wishful thinking.

Edit: If we trade a couple of our old vets. IE cole, pleks, is that going to make us better going forward? It's silly. Lets be honest here, not many of those vets carry much value. Kabs, bourque, ect have borderline negative value, if markov returns to form (big if imo), but he looked good last night, maybe he could fetch something, but I don't see how this team will become better contenders in a year or two by trading veteranss for picks, sure, 4, 5 years down the road it most likely will have advantages, but for next year and the year after. I don't see it.
If they're such mediocre players that they have no value then we should be able to easily recover from dealing them.