View Single Post
Old
01-20-2013, 01:51 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post

I mean the Leafs have been clearing their roster the last few days (as soon as Nonis was allowed to start making changes) that seem to indicate that they are going to go with a youth movement sort of rebuild that should optimistically speaking take a min of 3 years and more likely 4 to 5 from where they are today.
To me it just indicates that Nonis has been allowed to remove some dead weight from the roster. Lombardi and Connolly, for their cap hit, gave little production. Besides, Connolly is still there. He wasn't bought out last I read.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings man 4 life View Post
The problem with that view is that, the Kings already had a very good couple of KEY pieces in the system, in Brown, Kopitar, Quick and Jack Johnson. Brown all the way from 2003. It takes more time than 3-4 years, the Oilers will be a powerhouse but they still lack a few Key pieces. It takes some time.
But this is assuming Toronto has no key pieces of their own already. I mean, they aren't a great team right now, but they do have Kessel, Lupul, Gardiner, Phanuef, etc.

The real difference between us four years ago and the Leafs now is that we had a top centre and they don't. We didn't know how good DD would be and no one would have dared suggest Quick would be what he is. Nothing to say TO could have the same benefit from O'Reilly and Reimer.

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote