View Single Post
Old
01-20-2013, 01:58 PM
aragorn
YES WE CAN

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ski View Post
That may be but Benny is a smarter player, crafty w/ the puck, more experienced and point producer..

Don't get me wrong Grybes brings it and I like him, but Benny, right now, is a better fit for Ottawa..
Quote:
Originally Posted by WasTeD View Post
But Gryba has S I Z E!!! So to Aragorn, he is the better hockey player.
There are a few reasons why I prefer Gryba & size is one of them. Gryba is a right shot & Ottawa needs a natural right shot playing the right side. Benoit is a left shot playing the right side, it's not his natural side, it`s small issue but still an issue. I find that Benoit is too small & not strong enough to handle the bigger NHL forwards, he seemed to me to get knocked off the puck easily & they purposely targeted him as a player to go after & knock off the puck & it worked several times.

While I would agree that Benoit is the better all around hockey player, I think with his size issues he is better suited for the AHL & not big enough or strong enough for the NHL. Gryba's size, strength & toughness IMO is a better match & more of what Ottawa needs. Ottawa already has Karlsson, Gonchar & Wiercioch as PMD & point producers & need a shutdown defenceman, a shot blocker & another big tough guy to drop them if need be & Gryba brings all that. Just a difference of opinion.