View Single Post
Old
01-20-2013, 02:02 PM
SOLR

vCash: 500
I have no issue with Gally playing on the wing, in fact, I think he might end up being a winger when everything is said is done. My comparative for him was always Marian Hossa or Peter Forsberg, two guys that can play all forwards position with the same kind of success. (Yes we still need to find 2 top 6 centers...Eller might grow into it and I don't mind Desharnais as a 2nd center)

I said it in an earlier post, but I'll say it again. I think he looked good / ok last night. He made a few low % plays that he won't be doing by next year and he needs to get more involved in the board play in general. The fact is, it was very hard for him to get noticed last night, Plekanec was awful. Dropping the puck, missed passes, couldn't control the puck in his skates, giveaways, bad penalty, misses the net = no winger can succeed if the center can't hold the puck or play his possessions at a high %. (beside the goal) Gionta was not more visible than Gally, in fact I think Gally outplayed Gionta for the 2 first period.

I also noticed last night how much respect Galchenyuk already gets from the competition, he gets lots of free space and time entering the zone, like all dangerous offensive stars.